Thursday, August 14, 2008 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Planning for Germany trip

I've been working non-stop for the past few weeks. I did a flight switch with a girl who really needed to be in Vancouver last weekend, and for my end of things I went to London this weekend. It worked out fabulously since I had some errands to run in SoHo and I wanted to buy more of the fantastic pantyhose from Marks & Spencer (and shrimp chips! Hohoho! Shrimpy chips ^___^").

The first week of the month I was ready to collapse from exhaustion - but no rest for the wicked - only partying! Kimmy's bachelorette was that weekend and we had a great time. Although all this sillyness (combined with the nonsense Kevin's sister went through earlier in the year) and the stuff Kevin has to do for Darryl's weekend just puts me off the wedding thing even more @__@"

We bought a gorgeous office corner unit for the computer from Ikea last week, which then prompted Kevin to buy a new computer. He has bought a new Dell XPS system. My corporate discount probably helped him make that decision LOL The cats are being their usual furry lumps and sleeping all over the desk. Charlie likes to jump up to the very top and sleep with my stuffed animals up there. He has also learned how to open up tupperwear containers so now we can't leave leftovers or anything out on the kitchen counter. That cat is too smart for his own good.

I'm determined to travel with just a carry-on suitcase when I go to Germany next week, which has meant a lot of packing and planning. I tend to overpack and bring all sorts of non-essential but practical things with me (like tape, scissors, etc.) so I'm going to have to par down. It will be an interesting feat ^__^"

  Design © Laura Kishimoto 2004